Please direct all enquiries to our Human Resources Administrator, Juliet Vigurs: [email protected] / 01845 567044 ext 257
Your new company
Your new company is a leading Home Interiors import company based just off the A1 motorway, between Bedale and Ripon. A family-based business with over 45 years of trading history, recent years has seen the continued growth of the company supporting over 4,500 trade customers throughout the UK and 10 retail units through the North of England. Our growing success is down to several different factors, our great team, the outstanding relationships we have with both suppliers and customers and that we are constantly up to date with current trends and styles.
Summary of role:
We are looking for a Maintenance Operative to take ownership of several key elements within our company.
- Firstly, to be responsible for all maintenance within our stores and our warehouse, ensuring our facilities are maintained to a high standard.
- Secondly, to support our contractors on building projects which will predominantly include store fitouts and show stand builds. Watch our video here for a glimpse into our 2019 Spring Fair build... https://youtu.be/sBAlhr25gN8
- Thirdly, to support our Design Team during the merchandising of stores and shows.
This role will require overtime and working away from home on occasions but offers you the opportunity for a varied role with responsibility for a company that is seeking to grow into the coming decade.
What you’ll need to succeed:
It is essential to have:
- Minimum of 2 years on the job experience
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to work alone.
- Have strong organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- An honest, strong work ethic and desire to succeed, seeing solutions to any problems you identify
- A common-sense approach to the jobs you encounter
- Full driving license as travel to our stores will be required on a regular basis.
It would be a bonus if you also have, although not essential:
- A trade skill as a joiner or alternatively a plumber or electrician
- 5 years on the job experience
- An interest in home interiors or interior design
- Forklift certificate
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £19,000 - £22,000 Basic, dependent upon experience with estimated overtime of £6,000 which may include occasional weekend and bank holiday hours.
Job Title: Maintenance Operative
Hours: 36.5 - Full time 5 days a week